This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
Holidays are magical with little kids. I feel like Halloween is really the start of the holiday season, and getting the kids involved in activities and making goodies has become a MUST at our house. The kids and I came up with an idea to make a pumpkin patch and I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like to make it even more festive. These would be perfect as an after school activity with the kids, or even for a party!
The kids and I headed to Walmart to grab the necessities. Here is what you’ll need to make Witch and Goblin Halloween treats:
The OREOs and Fanta were pretty easy to find. Fanta was in the soft drink section. There were cans I almost bought too, so the kids could make their own drink, but decided against that. But that might be a perfect solution for a party.
*OREO glow in the dark package (these come as packages of 2 OREOs, which I LOVE because then I just gave each of the kids a package, and they could help make 2 at a time, and it wasn’t overwhelming – plus they glow in the DARK! They were in love with that.).
*Green Chocolate Melt
*Witch cupcake toppers
- First you’ll want to hold the OREO package up to the light, then take it into a dark room, and see how awesome it is when they glow in the dark. After seeing how great it is, get ready for a graveyard. 😉 Here is the package that has the 2 OREOs in it. I held it to the light.
- You’ll want to cut some pumpkin candies in half and make sure those are ready first.
- Melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time, or just by following the package directions.
- Once the chocolate is melted you’ll take your OREO and dip the top of the OREO into the melted chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still wet, you can place a pumpkin in the middle.
- To create a witch crashing a pumpkin, put half a pumpkin on the dipped cookie, then the witch, then the other half of the pumpkin. The pumpkin will act as book ends to keep the witch in place.
- Let chocolate harden and cool, then enjoy!
- Always make sure to appreciate the imperfections too. My kids loved it and were so proud of their creations even though they weren’t perfect. That’s what makes it awesome!
Goblin Freeze and Juice:
- Pour Fanta Orange soda into an ice cream maker for 20 minutes. The amount will depend on how big your ice cream maker is.
- Once the Fanta Orange soda is starting to resemble a freeze drink, alternate scooping vanilla ice cream, and the Fanta into the cup.
- Fill cup about half way with Fanta Orange Soda.
- Scoop 2 medium sized scoops of vanilla ice cream into the cup.
- Take a large spoon, and smash the ice cream around until it’s almost melted, or just falling apart.
- It should be thicker than the soda with melted ice cream, it should be the consistency of soft serve ice cream. So add a little ice cream or Fanta, depending on your drink.
The kids and I drank this all up! It was super yummy! I didn’t get any pictures of it because we were too busy drinking away … lol. It’s so fun and easy, and slightly different than a typical float, which makes it fun for a Halloween party and just a fun and different snack!
What are your families favorite #spookysnacks for Halloween? Need some ideas?!? Come check out some more here.
Make sure to check out Evette Rios, host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab, she will be creating a custom Walmart-exclusive recipe that uses both Fanta and OREO. It will be shown on the #SpookySnacks social hub. It’s always fun to get new holiday treat ideas!