I saw this great tutorial for making a pillow cover over on Ucreate.
I loved it.
I’m not doing the actual pillow cover tutorial b/c I highly recommend Ucreate’s.
Kari did an awesome job explaining it and it was SUPER easy.
I have 3 pillows that came with my couch.
They have struggled over the years.
Not to mention, they aren’t the greatest looking.
They came with the couch, so we took them.
Then they took a beating …
I have been debating a lot about colors.
Finally I decided to just go for it.
Well … I wasn’t finding what I was looking for.
I found a dark brown fabric (linen type) that I really liked.
I was just going to leave it plain.
Then I was walking around Hobby Lobby and saw something similar to what I ended up making.
I LOVE how it turned out.
I’m kind of super proud of myself for doing this!
Flower Pillow Tutorial
I made the flower out of felt.
Of course you could use whatever you wanted to.
First, cut one pedal out in the shape and size you wanted.
Mine was about 2 inches tall and 2 inches wide (guesstimate).
I wanted my flower to be 5 pedals, so I pinned 5 together.
I just added 5 more for the next section (10 pedals) of flower.
The two sections together.
I wanted to make sure that the smaller one would fit correctly in the larger one.
I added 5 more (so 15 pedals) for the 3rd ring.
You’ll notice that I started pinning them differently.
I realized that I had to pin each individual pedal so that I could move it around,
test it with the others, and then to sew it on the pillow.
Just making sure it all works together,
getting an idea of what it’ll look like.
Then, I took my 20×20 piece,
just like she does in the tutorial when she does her LOVE,
I did this instead.
I’d also recommend sewing so that the flaps are going easily under the presser foot.
So I started on the far left side and went counter clock wise.
I sure hope that makes sense.
Close up of my stitches. I did a zig zag to just secure it a bit better.
I did the exact same thing with the second layer.
Then the last.
I debated a lot here if I wanted to do something about the brown in the middle.
Honestly, I was too lazy, didn’t care, and really I think it looks alright just like that.
The finished pillow.
Yeah … my lighting was weird, sorry, lol.
It’s red, not pink, but I think you get the idea.