Easy Jedi Robe Tutorial

April 20, 2012

Jedi Robe Tutorial Welcome Step By Step Jedi Robe Tutorial by Simplistically Sassy

Have you ever thought of yourself as a Jedi Master Mom before?

Well, know that you are now officially part of the best group of mom’s out there.  You have found the best tutorial, and are willing to do whatever it takes for your young Jedi to be all that he can be – AND you found the EASIEST way to do it!!!  Hooray!

With 3 boys, and a husband that all LOVE Star Wars, you better believe it gets a lot of talk around here.  My sons may or may not know more about Star Wars than me.  Lol.

If you happen to be a Jedi Mom with a Princess in your house too, make sure to check out my Princess Cape tutorial too.

This Jedi Robe will be the icing on the cake at any party, be the highlight of dress ups, the BEST costume at Halloween, OR Help your Jedi accomplish his DREAMS when he gets picked in Disneyland to be in the Jedi Academy and actually have a duel with Darth Vader himself!

Before we get started, I wanted to make sure to answer some questions you may have.

Here are the top THREE questions I get asked the most about the Easy Jedi Robe:

• What fabric do I use?  You really can use whatever you’d like.  I used felt.  It’s often on sale, and if not, there are several fabric stores that carry 40% off coupons, and even 50% off coupons.  You could also use linen fabric.  It’s lighter weight.  It’s more flowy like the robes in the movies.  They aren’t as warm – which if you’re using on Halloween, and you live somewhere that it gets chilly on Halloween, it may not be the best option.  However, it’s totally up to you and how you want it to look.  The ones I’ve made from felt have held up for more than 7 years!  They’re fantastic.
  • How long does the Jedi Robe take to make?  This will depend.  Once you have the fabric, and the children settled for a moment (they’ll find you though, I promise), then I’d guess 1-3 hours depending on your sewing skills.  Less time if you know what’s going on, and more time if you’re still figuring out how to do things.  It’s pretty quick though.  So don’t be discouraged by all the steps, I just wanted to make sure they were detailed well.
  • What size does this make?  You’ll be measuring specifically for your Jedi.  It’ll make an adult size Jedi Robe, child size Jedi Robe, infant size Jedi Robe.  In fact, this could be converted into a wizard robe, using a different fabric you could even make it a Princess Cape.  The possibilities are endless – and it’s so easy to create!

This is going to be EASY!
You’re going to love how fun this pattern is to make.

Hit the Next arrow and let’s get started on your Easy Jedi Robe.

Next Arrow

Share what you lovePin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUpon

57 thoughts on “Easy Jedi Robe Tutorial

1. Fanchy

O.M.G!!! I am so copying you! I have 2 younglings of my own and they are eyeballs deep into Star Wars. My oldest refers to the younger as ‘Padawan.’ This would be a HUGE hit at my house. Thank you for the tute.

Found you from Creatively Living’s blog party.

Jen @ Noting Grace

2. Pingback: 15 DIY Kids Halloween Costumes

3. Pingback: 15 DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids - Do Small Things with Love

4. Pingback: Sunday Spotlight - Simplistically Sassy - One Tough Mother

5. Amanda

Thanks so much for this easy tutorial. Made the robe while my little Jedi was watching a hockey game with his dad.

6. Mom of three Jedis

Thank you so much for your great tutorial!! I looked at a few and yours is really the best! My middle one (4) is a big star wars fan – i want to surprise him with a robe. Guess i’ll have to sew two more for the big (9) and little (15 months) jedi to go with their lightsabers.

7. Morris

I see a lot of interesting content on your blog. You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is a tool that creates unique, SEO friendly articles in couple of seconds,
    just type in google – laranita’s free content source
    Morris recently posted…MorrisMy Profile

8. Pingback: DIY Halloween Costumes for Kids

9. Vicki

Ok so I’m a little sewing dumb. I don’t understand the part about sewing the sleeve CLOSED? And do you fold over any of the other edges or just the sleeves to hem them? Seriously, I don’t sew much but I have a machine and make it a goal to put together our Halloween costumes each year.

1. Kara @ Simplistically Sassy Post author

Hey Vicki, way to go on sewing the costumes. So, all it’s talking about there, is sewing the bottom of the sleeve up, like it shows in the pictures above with the arrows (that show where to sew). Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I’ll do a better job explaining. I was just saying you can sew along the edges, and then you can hem the sleeve while you’re right there. I just folded the edge of the sleeve over, because basically you’ll turn it inside out, so you don’t see the parts that you’re sewing. Hemming the sleeve isn’t essential at all though.

10. Kara

Thank you for this post! I found the same website you did but being an inexperienced seamstress, your step by step pics helped tremendously!!

11. Sarah

Thank you so much! I spent a lot of time on my daughter’s costumes and was spent by the ti e I gotto my son’s. Dad made a cool lightsaber so I was thrilled to find a simple pictorial guide on how to make a quick jedi robe. You are a life saver!!

12. domain

It is actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you shared this helpful info with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
    domain recently posted…domainMy Profile

13. Valerie Warshaw

Great tutorial. I just bought a used sewing machine a few days ago. This project was the first project I’ve ever sewn all by myself. 🙂 Thanks for posting!

14. Morgana

HI!!!!!!! Thank you so much for this amazing tutorial, gave me a great base to work with for my own costume for the May the Fourth be With You party for homeschoolers!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!! Again, thanks Kara!!!

15. Pingback: Haloween by Zodiac – Aquarius Kid Costumes

16. Caryn

In just a few days, you can have your shop up and running
    with Zen Cart. No software to buy, no code to learn, all you need is to
    be a little Internet savvy and know how to click your mouse.

I discovered the way to make money on the internet.
    Caryn recently posted…CarynMy Profile

17. visit the website

I do trust all the ideas you have introduced to your post.

They’re very convincing and will definitely work.
    Nonetheless, the posts are too short for starters. May you please lengthen them
    a little from next time? Thanks for the post.
    visit the website recently posted…visit the websiteMy Profile

18. Michelle Pedersen

Thank you! My son decided this morning that he wanted to be a Jedi… for our party tonight!! LOL Your tutorial was SO easy & simple to follow! He loves his new robe & I love getting to be his hero. :o) I appreciate your post! Little bro now wants to be Yoda so he can have his own Jedi robe. Tomorrow’s got another item on the to-do list!

19. Pingback: Homemade Halloween Costumes -

20. Kelly Heath

Thank you so much for posting this tutorial (even if it was several years ago, lol!)! I am a nominal sewer at best, and I completed this entire project in less than 2 hours. It turned out great and my little guy is SO excited about wearing it for Halloween! He thinks his mommy is amazing for being able to make it… (I’m a little proud of myself, too, thank you very much). Thanks for saving me a bundle on cheap costumes that don’t even look like the real thing. I love this robe!!

21. Pingback: Step by Step Easy Princess Cape by Simplistically Sassy

22. Heidi S.

Made this for my grandsons 5th birthday (star wars theme) He absolutely loves it. Was very easy to follow directions. Thank you for sharing!

23. Blythe

I see interesting content here. Your site can go viral easily,
    you need some initial traffic only, you should search for –
    Bushano’s traffic sources