No bake cookies is one of my favorites. It’s simple, quick, and a crowd pleaser. This is my favorite recipe. I got this recipe from my 7th grade cooking class, lol. It’s a pretty straight forward recipe, but I also decided to do heart shapes with them, and it was great and so easy! Loved how they turned out.
Then you’ll get a big pot, and dump your sugar, shortening, baking cocoa, and milk in. Turn the stove onto medium high and stir until everything in combined, and shortening is melted. You can turn the heat up a bit, but do not do this on high. The mixture will eventually come to a rolling boil. Set a timer for 1 minute while it just boils.
Once you’ve got that all mixed together, you’ll want to quickly spoon them onto a cookie sheet. I usually use a regular spoon and just do spoonfuls. This time I used a cookie scoop (tablespoon). I also grabbed some small heart cookie cutters, and just scooped some mixture into the shape, and then pulled them off, and repeat. Once you’re done scooping, but them in the FRIDGE! They’re amazing cold and will be ready sooner.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cup Old Fashion oats
- In a large pot put sugar, shortening, cocoa powder, and milk.
- Mix on medium/high heat.
- Watching closely and stirring often, wait until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Allow to boil for 1 minute.
- When the 1 minute is up, remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla and oats.
- Stir until combined fully.
- Drop by spoonful on a cookie sheet
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until stiffened.