We love muffins and these healthy peanut butter banana muffins were a huge hit at our house (which is a small miracle). I decided to change these up slightly, and share them with you. We really loved having butter, or jam on these (PB&J sandwich … yum!). Add a cup of cold milk, and they’re perfect!
I doubled this recipe b/c we have 8 people eating, and my kids plow through muffins. So, keep that in mind when making these. 🙂 Grab the ingredients, and get ready.
Mix together your peanut butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and apple sauce. Once they’re mixed well, add your flour, salt, and baking soda all in.
Drop into muffin tins and bake for 15 (ish) minutes.
Enjoy!! So so good.
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 ripe medium bananas (smashed)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
- Add bananas, and applesauce. Mix until combined.
- Add eggs (one at a time), and vanilla.
- Add in flours, soda, salt.
- Divide into sprayed muffin tins, and bake for 15 (ish) minutes or until done.