The other day at the grocery store my kids made sure to bring it to my attention that the Cadbury Mini Eggs were on sale. I actually didn’t end up buying them … until a few days later when I had an idea of what I was going to do with them (besides shoving them in my face).
It was while I was looking at Pinterest, with all it’s pretty Easter Egg Rice Krispie treats that I realized what I needed to make. I needed to add the Mini eggs to the Easter Egg Rice Krispie treats … it was perfect, a match made in heaven, and oh so simple! It’s a must try recipe.
- 2-3 Tbsp Butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 bag Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Measure cereal, and dump into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows over medium heat stove top.
- Once butter and marshmallows are melted, pour over cereal, and mix until all cereal is covered with the marshmallows.
- Pour bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs into the mix well.
- Flatten in a 9x13 pan until even.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into sections, and form each section into an egg shape.
- You could always chop up the Mini Eggs to make them smaller bits.