Making the Blocks:
1. Take one of your 1/2 yard fabrics fold it in half (measure about 17 x 21) with the folded edge on the left. You’ll be making 3 cuts. . There will be a bit left over (an inch more or less, and that can be discarded). You’ll repeat these cuts with all 8 of the 1/2 yard patterns you have.
2. Then you’ll make make 2 more cuts.
3. Next you’ll mix and match your 9.5 x 5 inch pieces into sets.
4. Place each set with right sides together (so you’re looking at the wrong side of the fabrics).
5. Sew a 1/4 inch seam along the 9.5 inch side.
6. Press to one side using the tip of the iron to push the seam towards the darker fabric.
7. Pick the 6 colors you’d like for your main stripe color. These should measure about 2 x 41.5 inches.
8. Pick 2 colors you’d like to use for your secondary color on your stripes. You’ll need 12 pieces that measure 2 x 7.25 each.
9. Sew a 7.25 inch stripe onto each end of the 41.5 inch stripe.
10. Press each end stripe flat.