This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
Holidays are magical with little kids. I feel like Halloween is really the start of the holiday season, and getting the kids involved in activities and making goodies has become a MUST at our house. The kids and I came up with an idea to make a pumpkin patch and I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like to make it even more festive. These would be perfect as an after school activity with the kids, or even for a party!
The kids and I headed to Walmart to grab the necessities. Here is what you’ll need to make Witch and Goblin Halloween treats:
The OREOs and Fanta were pretty easy to find. Fanta was in the soft drink section. There were cans I almost bought too, so the kids could make their own drink, but decided against that. But that might be a perfect solution for a party.
*OREO glow in the dark package (these come as packages of 2 OREOs, which I LOVE because then I just gave each of the kids a package, and they could help make 2 at a time, and it wasn’t overwhelming – plus they glow in the DARK! They were in love with that.).
*Green Chocolate Melt
*Witch cupcake toppers
- First you’ll want to hold the OREO package up to the light, then take it into a dark room, and see how awesome it is when they glow in the dark. After seeing how great it is, get ready for a graveyard. 😉 Here is the package that has the 2 OREOs in it. I held it to the light.
- You’ll want to cut some pumpkin candies in half and make sure those are ready first.
- Melt the chocolate 30 seconds at a time, or just by following the package directions.
- Once the chocolate is melted you’ll take your OREO and dip the top of the OREO into the melted chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still wet, you can place a pumpkin in the middle.
- To create a witch crashing a pumpkin, put half a pumpkin on the dipped cookie, then the witch, then the other half of the pumpkin. The pumpkin will act as book ends to keep the witch in place.
- Let chocolate harden and cool, then enjoy!
- Always make sure to appreciate the imperfections too. 🙂 My kids loved it and were so proud of their creations even though they weren’t perfect. That’s what makes it awesome!
Goblin Freeze and Juice:
- Pour Fanta Orange soda into an ice cream maker for 20 minutes. The amount will depend on how big your ice cream maker is.
- Once the Fanta Orange soda is starting to resemble a freeze drink, alternate scooping vanilla ice cream, and the Fanta into the cup.
- Fill cup about half way with Fanta Orange Soda.
- Scoop 2 medium sized scoops of vanilla ice cream into the cup.
- Take a large spoon, and smash the ice cream around until it’s almost melted, or just falling apart.
- It should be thicker than the soda with melted ice cream, it should be the consistency of soft serve ice cream. So add a little ice cream or Fanta, depending on your drink.
The kids and I drank this all up! It was super yummy! I didn’t get any pictures of it because we were too busy drinking away … lol. It’s so fun and easy, and slightly different than a typical float, which makes it fun for a Halloween party and just a fun and different snack!
What are your families favorite #spookysnacks for Halloween? Need some ideas?!? Come check out some more here.
Make sure to check out Evette Rios, host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab, she will be creating a custom Walmart-exclusive recipe that uses both Fanta and OREO. It will be shown on the #SpookySnacks social hub. It’s always fun to get new holiday treat ideas!