Today’s Tuesday Tip is 11 Laundry Stain Remover Tips. With back to school upon us all, stains are bound to come our way. I’ve gathered these from a few random places. My washing machine has stain removal tips … so I just took those and shared. Some of the other tips are found at One Good Thing by Jillee.
I’m also including a FREE printable at the bottom of the post to put in your laundry room, so you don’t have to remember these, or search and search for them! Then they can just hang up nicely in your laundry room.
1. Blood – Soak in cold water for 30 minutes with laundry detergent. Pre-treat any remaining stain (I have a great one below and here). Wash as directed in hottest water safe for fabric.
2. Tomato – Sponge immediately or pre-treat with stain remover (again, great one found below and here). Rinse it out, then rub detergent into any remaining stain. Wash as directed in hottest water safe for fabric.
3. Deodorants – Pre-treat with concentrated detergent. Wash as directed in hottest water safe for fabric. Treat freshly discolored stains with ammonia and old stains with vinegar. Rinse, and rewash. GREAT stain remover below for yellow stain under arms!
4. Grease/Oil – Rub detergent on the stain. Was in hottest water safe for the fabric. If the stain is still there, sponge with alcohol. Rinse well, and rewash.
5. Grass – Use enzyme presoak (Oxi-clean type — homemade recipe below). Was with detergent and bleach safe for fabric. If stain remains sponge with alcohol. Rinse really well and rewash.
6. Chocolate/cocoa – Soak in cold water and pretreat remaining stain. Was with hottest water safe for the fabric.
7. Basic Stain Remover
2/3 cup Dawn dishwashing detergent
2/3 cup ammonia
6T baking soda
2 cups warm water
Mix and put in spray bottle.
8. Yellow Underarm Stain Remover:
2 parts hydrogen peroxide
1 part Dawn dish washing detergent
Mix together in spray bottle.
Spray onto stain until quite saturated.
Use Baking Soda and shake over stain and scrub in with a brush.
Let set for an hour or so.
Wash as you regularly would.
9. Homemade Oxy-Clean – Do Not Pre-Mix
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup Hydrogen Peroxide
10. Forgot about the laundry in your washer? Easy fix, add ammonia and a small amount of detergent to your load and rewash.
11. Homemade Laundry Detergent –
3T washing soda
3 T borax
4 cups really hot water
2T Dawn dish washing detergent
Combine washing soda and borax in gallon jug.
Add HOT water to jug, mix to dissolve.
Add water to fill, except leave room for detergent.
Add Dawn dish soap and mix well.
Mix around a bit before use.
Use ½ to 1 cup per large wash load
Just click on the colors you’d like to print your free 11 Laundry Stain Remover Tips